Support & Insight for the Autumn of Life

Mama, It Don’t Bother Me When You Forget My Name

A BEAUTIFUL MUSIC VIDEO: A son, his mother, Alzheimer’s and love.

Notify of
guest

23 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
Unknown
Unknown
7 years ago

Great little song! Thank you for posting this!

7 years ago

My mama has been gone a year after her long departure from us. Thank you for this deeply moving song. You made me cry.

Diane DuPre
Diane DuPre
7 years ago

Sooooo Sweet, lovvvvvvvve this song!!!! I have ALZ and two sons and they are both wonderful just like this guy!!!!

Reply to  Diane DuPre

God bless you.

Reply to  Diane DuPre
7 years ago

Love the song made me cry .My momma suffers everyday with dementia very sad disease.Thank you!

Alyson Rush at MDCH
Alyson Rush at MDCH
Reply to  Diane DuPre
7 years ago

Gentle and so, so beautiful. Thank you.

Reply to  Diane DuPre
6 years ago

God Bless and it is a very touching song,love it

Reply to  Diane DuPre
3 years ago

My wife of 2o yrs. has Dementia ( moderate ) from what the Dr.'s have told me and it's not easy watching this happening to her :'( :'( . Thank you for this Beautiful Song <3

Unknown
Unknown
7 years ago

Beautiful plus you could feel the love as he sings the song. My mom currently has Advance Dementia I still wish she says my name. Thank you for such a beautiful song.

7 years ago

THANK YOU ,GREAT SONG, my mom has advance dementia she still know's my name** but every day one day at a time. I LOVE YOU MOM***** SYLIVA JEAN STOKES

7 years ago

Thanks for sharing!! My dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a few months before his untimely passing. As much as I'd like to have him back in my life for real (I didn't get to say goodbye), what matters the most is that he didn't have to suffer for long.

7 years ago

Tears !!!! I'm living "The Notebook" !!!

7 years ago

My mom just passed Feb 3rd this year. She no longer knew who I was and who she was. I have missed her so much. This song touches my heart. Thank you.
Susan

Jeannie Kelly
Jeannie Kelly
7 years ago

Love this…. My mom went to her Heavenly home May 22, 2014 after battling dementia for many years. It is a terrible thing to watch your loved one suffering from this

Judy Pardy
Judy Pardy
7 years ago

Thank you ever so much for writing that song. My Sister has Dementia. I have been telling her I Love You.

7 years ago

Thank you for such powerful words. My Mom is living with Alzheimer's. She was diagnosed about 7 years ago.

7 years ago

Amazing, my mom passed in August of this year from this horrid disease, all we could do was hold her hand to let her know she was not alone and tell her I love you

7 years ago

beautiful song. i too have altz.i keep telling myself i wont forget names.i pray i will always remember my grtgrdsons name, WEsley.he is such a joy.,as is his momma and grandmama.doubt , i will remember those whom i have not seen for a few years, especially those that have hurt me badly.but whatevers to be will be.may God help us all.

Herb
Herb
7 years ago

How wonderful is that? I write poetry for my wife who has Alzheimer's and is in a care home. Sure wish I could add the music. She loves to listen to the musicians who come into the home to entertain. And how wonderful is that? Music might just be God's greatest gift to humankind.

Marvin Berman
Marvin Berman
7 years ago

Singing connects the whole brain in ways that help recover and retain memories. Sing together to increase connection to loved ones.

7 years ago

O THANK YOU SO MUCH ,MY grandma PASSED WITH alz I MISS HER EVERYDAY ,I TOOK CARE OF HER IN NURSING HOME ,SHE TOLD ME SHE WANTED TO GO HOME 1 DAY ,AND I KNEW WHAT SHE MENT ,SHE PASSED AWAY 3 DAYS LATER …LOVE HER ….

Unknown
Unknown
5 years ago

Just beautiful! Thank you for an encouraging song and message.

Robin Yvonne
Robin Yvonne
4 years ago

So beautiful. It made me cry. What I wouldn't give to hold my Mom one more time.

B. Berger

B. Berger

Visit Our Pages On:

Welcome

This site was inspired by my Mom’s autoimmune dementia.

It is a place where we separate out the wheat from the chaffe, the important articles & videos from each week’s river of news. With a new post on Alzheimer’s or dementia appearing on the internet every 7 minutes, the site’s focus on the best information has been a help to many over the past 15 years. Thanks to our many subscribers for your supportive feedback.

The site is dedicated to all those preserving the dignity of the community of people living with dementia.

Peter Berger, Editor

Related

12.11.18.jpeg
Why Music Feels Right in Alzheimer's
Where words fail, music speaks. See how music can be a very powerful vehicle for communication in the various stages ...
1582.jpeg
From His Window
This beautiful song captures a son's dedication to his father with Alzheimer's. Starting from his window in a care fa...
170223-songaminut.jpeg
When Ted Sings, Millions Listen, Alzheimer's & All

Books

Amazon Books
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x