- Pastry dough for 1 pie crust
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk (skim or low-fat)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (slightly heaping)
- 1/2 teaspoon each: ground nutmeg, ground ginger and cloves (slightly heaping)
- 2 eggs
For The Streusel:
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9-inch pie dish with pastry dough; turn under excess dough to fit dish and flute decoratively.
- Whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, milk, spices and eggs until smooth and pour into pastry.
- Stir together streusel ingredients in a medium bowl with a fork and carefully sprinkle over pie.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, tenting with foil if crust browns too quickly. Let cool completely before serving.
- For an extra ginger kick, top pie with a ginger whipped cream. Whip heavy cream with a little powdered sugar to lightly sweeten, then stir in finely chopped crystallized ginger to taste.