“Brain foods” are neuroprotective, fighting Alzheimer’s by lowering risk and helping to resist cognitive decline. This flavorful dish combines 4 of the best “brain foods”: fish, coconut oil, curry and fenugreek. Enjoy its Indian flair.
- 3 – 4 pieces of fish (I like using mackerel or pomfret)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp dried fenugreek
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- salt, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a non-stick pan and fry onions till soft and transparent.
- Add salt, red chili powder, curry powder and fry for a minute or two. Add in coconut milk, dried fenugreek and pieces, and cover cook for 15 – 20 minutes till is cooked through.
- Add a little water if desired.
- Add cherry tomatoes and let it cook for another 4 – 5 minutes till tomatoes become soft.
- Serve with warm plain rice and fresh cucumber slices.