In a double-blind study, saffron spice beat out placebo in treating symptoms of Alzheimer’s. Try this brain-healthy saffron chicken dish.
Check out the research and the facts at:
“Saffron Improves Alzheimer’s”.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 3 teaspoons liquid saffron
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the onion finely.
- In a pan, add the onion, salt, pepper and three or four tablespoons of water.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes on low heat until the chicken becomes soft and tender.
- Add the liquid saffron over the chicken breasts
- Turn them over a couple of times to coat thoroughly in the saffron
Serve in a shallow dish with veggies of choice.
Enjoy the Recipe!
I have never seen liquid saffron? Can I get in grocery store?